WHO CAN CLAIM?
Nationals of third States engaged in investment activity, personally or through a company, leading to the achievement of at least one
of the following situations in national territory for a minimum period of five years.
Covers holders of share capital of a company with headquarters in Portugal or in another EU State and with a permanent establishment in Portugal, with situation regularized.
REQUIREMENTS FOR INVESTMENT ACTIVITY
Office of investment activity for a minimum period of five years counted from the date of granting of the residence permit and certificate for Declaration under rules of engagement.
1. Acquisition of real estate in amounts greater than or equal to EUR 500,000.
• Purchasing or Title to real estate purchase of promise where the record Declaration of a financial institution authorized to your activity on national territory, the transfer of capital to the your purchase or to effective promissory sign in amounts greater than or equal to EUR 500,000;
• Updated Certificate of real estate registry, which should always be included, in the case of contracts and where legally feasible, the respective register;
• The acquisition can be in co-ownership, since each comproprietário invest amounts greater than or equal to EUR 500,000. And to keep burdening them from a value exceeding 500,000 euros and gives them and exploitation for commercial purposes, tourist or agricultural;
2. Transfer of the amount equal to or exceeding 1 million euros.
• Declaration of a financial institution authorized to your activity on national territory, the transfer of capital in the amount equal to or exceeding 1 million euros, for the account of which is the only or the first holder of capital, or for the acquisition of shares or corporate shares. In the case of the applicant being a company is attributable to only the proportion of the investment corresponding to your
participation in the share capital;
• Updated business registration certificate attesting the arrest of social participation in society.
3. Create at least 10 jobs.
(Registration of workers in social security)
4. transfer of capital in an amount equal to or greater than EUR 250,000 (artistic and recovery production support or maintenance of the cultural and social heritage)
5. transfer of capital in an amount equal to or greater than 350,000 euros (scientific and technological research activities)
6. Procurement of goods and real estate in the amount equal to or greater than 350,000 euros (in the area of urban rehabilitation of buildings built up for over 30 years and works of
rehabilitation of real estate acquired)
7. transfer of capital in an amount equal to or greater than 500,000 eurosfor the acquisition of units in investment funds or venture capital for small and medium capitalization companies that, to this end, report the respective capitalization plan and the same proven viable;
RESIDENCE VISAS For HIGHLY QUALIFIED RESEARCH Or
Residence visa is granted for the following purposes:
• Conducting scientific research who has been admitted as a student of higher education to the doctoral level or as a researcher to collaborate on a Research Center officially recognized;
• For a teaching establishment of higher education or a highly qualified activity, which have an employment contract, promise of employment contract, letter of invitation issued by the higher education institution
or a service contract.
The time limits for decision-making for granting of residence permit are 90 days, for renewal of residence permit are 60 days.
PERIODS OF RESIDENCE
For the purpose of renewal of the residence permit, may have to be shown to comply with the following minimum periods of residence:
• 7 days in a row or interpolated, freshman year;
• 14 days in a row or interpolated, in subsequent periods of two years.
Holders of residence permits for investment Activity may apply for the entry and residence of the members of your family, whenever they are outside
of the national territory.
DOCUMENTS AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
• Passport or other valid travel document;
• Proof of legal entry and stay in the national territory;
• Proof of health insurance;
• Request for consultation of the Portuguese Criminal record by the SEF;
• Criminal record certificate from the country of origin or in the country where you reside for over a year;
• Proof of the situation regularized on presentation of negative statement updated debt issued by the tax authority and customs and Social Security.
* Does not relieve the query of the laws in force